City, University of London has announced the Alex McVitty Memorial Award to help a student wishing to pursue a career in law librarianship.
This scholarship worth £2,000 towards living expenses is offered to a full-time home or overseas applicant for the MSc Information Science and MA/MSc Library Science course. The selection of winners will be made based on the cover letter submitted at the time of admission application.
City, University of London, is a public research university in London, United Kingdom. The City University of London is a member institution of the federal University of London. It ranks 36th in the world for International Outlook according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2020.
Why choose to study at the City, University of London? City, University of London aims to become a leading global university committed to academic excellence, focused on business and the professions, and located in the heart of London in the coming years. The City University of London is a truly global institution with students, staff, and researchers worldwide.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is 31st July 2022.
- University or Organization: City, University of London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: £2,000
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and international students can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MSc Information Science and MA/MSc Library Science course taught at the City University of London can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be full-time home or overseas applicants.
- The applicants must have a demonstrable interest in law librarianship, legal information, or knowledge management.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must submit their postgraduate admission applications via the designated application portal of the university. Applications for the award should be made in a covering letter at the same time as an application for a place on the course.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificate
- Transcripts of marks
- Personal statement
- Student visa
- Cover letter for scholarship application
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a second-class honors degree or the equivalent from an international institution in any discipline or have LIS-related work experience.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 92
- IELTS – 6.5
The City University of London will award one student a scholarship worth £2,000 towards living expense incurred during their master’s degree study at the university.