Applications are now open for the American University of Cairo (AUC) Education Fellowships 2020 for International Students.
- 3rd November 2020
- 15th April 2021
About the Award: Recognizing the challenges facing Egypt and the region, the Graduate School of Education (GSE) contributes to education reform by providing the theoretical, applied and technical assistance components needed to build the capacity of professionals in the education system who are applying to the Master of Arts in international and comparative education and Educational Leadership (MA) with concentrations in School Leadership and Higher Education. In addition to partial tuition support, the highly competitive GSE fellowship will provide students with the opportunity of working with a faculty member on their research and other professional work.
Eligible Field(s): Master of Arts in international and comparative education
Eligibility of the American University in Cairo (AUC) Fellowship:
- All nationalities
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Admission to the Master of Arts in international and comparative education
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Demonstrated or potential academic qualifications, professional experience
- Students must register in a minimum of two graduate courses
- Financial need
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Egypt
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of three credits per semester
- May cover remedial English courses and pre-requisite courses
Responsibilities of Fellows
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned eight hours per week of related research work
- This work is intended to provide research in support of GSE scholarly interests and provide professional development and research mentorship to fellows
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here
Duration of Award: One semester subject to review every semester for satisfactory academic and research performance.
How to Apply for the American University in Cairo (AUC) Fellowship:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.