Details about the Anant Fellowship:
India’s first Design University, Anant National University in India presents partially funded Anant Fellowship 2020/21 for Built Environment. Anant Fellowship has been carefully curated and structured to prepare you to make an exponential change – within yourself, to the country, and to the world. Academic rigor and intensity combines with first-hand, experiential discovery to create an equitable balance between theory and praxis, between instruction and experimentation, and between paced-learning and open-ended discovery.
Academic Instruction: The first component of Anant Fellowship broadens your perspective and aid empathetic solutions by providing you the opportunity of learning from pioneering ideas and thoughts in two thematic clusters: Domain and Technical, and Societal and Cultural.
Experiential Discovery: In the second component of Anant Fellowship, you will learn from your own and your peers’ first-hand experiences, and from your own values, beliefs, mindsets, and constructs.
Live-Action Project: The third and the most important component of the Fellowship is the Live-Action Project where you work in teams throughout the duration of one year to solve a real-life challenge in close association with local administrative bodies and community stakeholders
Eligibilities of the Anant Fellowship:
The Anant Fellowship 2020/21 in India is open to students and practitioners from all professional and educational backgrounds with a preference to those from the disciplines of architecture, design, planning, environmental science, and engineering, civil and construction engineering, IT, social sciences and humanities. In addition to that, applicants must have a sound academic record. S/he also should have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree before the start of the Fellowship. Furthermore, applicants must be able to show a demonstrated commitment to improving the Built Environment, and an understanding of the issues pertaining to the area.
Anant National University encourages applications from students and professionals of all age groups, socio-economic backgrounds, and geographies both in India and internationally.
The appointee fellow will take part in various activities to aid the Built Environment campaign of the university. In particular, the duties of the fellow are but not limited to
- Enhancing technical and core skills in architecture, design, and planning.
- Thinking broadly and deeply across topics like Green Urbanism, Earth-Based Construction Techniques, Transportation, Anthropology, Sociology, and Economics, among others.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of themselves as well others, and also develop imaginative empathy.
- Collaborating with like-minded individuals from diverse disciplines as well as take up a Built Environment challenge with an opportunity for real-life impact.
- Becoming purpose-driven leaders who contribute to the larger society by creating unique Built Environment solutions.
Please visit the official link for more information.