Call for Proposals: 2021 Data4COVID19 Africa Challenge (EUR 100,000 in funding)
Call for Proposals: l’Agence française de développement (AFD), together with Expertise France and The GovLab, is soliciting innovative proposals (re)using data in a collaborative and responsible way to provide actionable intelligence for decision-makers and people to respond to COVID-19 and future pandemic challenges across Africa.
Application Deadline: 5th February 2021
About the Award: AFD, together with Expertise France and The GovLab, is seeking ideas and proposals that (re)use data to provide actionable insight on COVID-19 along the following domains:
- Tracking Disease Spread
- Developing Disease Treatment
- Identifying the Availability of Supplies
- Monitoring Adherence to Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions
Call for Proposals: 2021 Data4COVID19 Africa Challenge (EUR 100,000 in funding) Economic
- Supporting Post-Pandemic Re-openings and Recovery
- Alleviating Pandemic-related Unemployment and Poverty
- Guaranteeing Protections for Workers
- Supporting Education and Upskilling
- Fostering Business and Government Solvency
- Understanding Public Perceptions and Behavior
- Protecting Human Rights and Promoting Accountability
- Addressing Misinformation
Eligibility: Applicants must submit their application in English or French.
To be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
- Be a legal person (legal entity) or a grouping of such persons (consortium) within the limit of 3 legal persons per grouping;
- The lead partner of the consortium must be established in one of the African Union countries;
- International organisations and trust funds are excluded;
- Have a bank account in the name of the entity;
- Each member of the consortium must be registered within the Trade and Companies Registry of its country;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and implementation of the action and not act as an intermediary. Subcontracting is not allowed;
- The lead partner’s average cumulative annual turnover over the last two years for which the accounts have been closed must be at least three times the grant application;
- The general liquidity ratios (current assets/current liabilities) for the last two financial years closed must be at least 1 (one). In the case of a consortium, this criterion must be met by each of its members.
The verification of eligibility is carried out on the basis of the supporting documents requested by the project. The supporting documents requested in this phase are as follows:
- The statutes or articles of association of each partner;
- For each member an extract of registration in the Trade and Companies Register (RCS) (less than 3 months);
- A document specifying the name and function of the legal representative of the entity;
- A document delegating power of attorney by each member of the partnership to its lead partner.
Where these documents are not provided in English or French, a translation of these documents must be attached for the analysis of the application.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The call offers recipients a contribution between 50-100K in funding. AFD expect between 7 -10 projects will receive awards.
How to Apply: Apply below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.