Edinburgh Doctoral College Scholarships 2021 for International Students
Edinburgh Doctoral College Scholarships: The University will offer PhD scholarships for students starting their PhD research at the University in the 2021-2022 academic session.
Application Deadline: Applications deadlines will vary by School/Deanery and will be linked to the application deadline for programmes.
About the Award: In order to attract the best and brightest PhD students, the University seeks to offer not only unparalleled research facilities and superb supervision, but also to provide development opportunities which will support our research students as they progress beyond their PhD, through an exciting scholarship scheme.
- The awards are open to UK and overseas students applying to start their first year of study for an on-campus research degree in 2021-2022.
- Applicants must have already applied for admission to a full-time or part-time on campus PhD research programme of study at the University. We encourage applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship to make contact with their academic school regarding any admission deadlines.
- Please check the Entry Requirements for your proposed programme of study for details of other acceptable English language qualifications.
- You may apply for the scholarship prior to obtaining the necessary English language test results but the results should be uploaded as soon as possible.
- These awards cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships but can be held with partially-funded scholarships and will be reduced pro-rata.
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
- The University will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
Undertake a package of training and development which will help them to develop the necessary skills required to meet their career choices and offer them a breadth of development opportunities in areas such as teaching, public engagement, entrepreneurship, data science, and research.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): UK
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Each scholarship covers the University tuition fee as well as a stipend of £TBD (expected 15,590). Subject to satisfactory progress, the scholarships are awarded for between three and four years as agreed by the School/Deanery (or pro-rata for part time)
How to Apply: Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.