Fully Funded 2022- Georg Forster Fellowship Program
Details of the Fully Funded 2022- Georg Forster Fellowship:
Fully Funded 2022- Georg Forster: The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is offering the Georg Forster Research Fellowship Program in Germany to researchers from developing and transition countries. You can start the fellowship if you are accepted within two to twelve months from the date of selection. And if your application is rejected you must wait at least 18 months before re-applying.
About the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation: The Foundation promotes academic cooperation between excellent scholars and scholars from abroad and from Germany. Research Fellowships and Research Awards also allow you to come to Germany to work on a research project of your choice with a host and collaborative partner. If you are a scientist or researcher from Germany, you can benefit from support and carry out a research project abroad as a guest among more than 29,000 Humboldt alumni worldwide. As an intermediary organization for German cultural and educational policy, the Foundation encourages international cultural dialogue and academic exchange.
Financial Benefits from Georg Forster Fellowship Program
The Georg Forster Research Fellowship allows you to conduct your own research at different stages of your career. You can research in collaboration with a host at a German research institution of your choice. The host can apply for a subsidy for research costs.
- The Georg Forster Research Fellowship enables post-doctoral researchers to conduct research in Germany. The value of the monthly fellowship is 2,670 euros. Fellowships may last from 6 to 24 months.
- You can still apply for research sponsorship in Germany even if you are already applying in your academic life. The Georg Forster Research Fellowship allows experienced researchers to conduct research in Germany. The value of the monthly fellowship is 3,170 euros. Fellowships may last from 6 to 18 months and can be divided into three residencies within three years.
- You will also receive personal support for the duration of your fellowship and you can schedule the fellowship start date. You and your spouse will be able to attend an intensive German language course before starting the fellowship program.
- Additional financial support is also available. Including family benefits for children and spouses, benefits for private full health insurance, and allowances for travel expenses.
Application Details of Georg Forster Fellowship Program
- Your research should make a significant contribution to the further development of your home region.
- You must be a citizen of a developing country or a country in transition except for the People’s Republic of China and India.
- You must have lived and worked in a developing country or a country in transition for at least 12 months in the last 18 months except for the People’s Republic of China and India. If you do not live in one of these countries at the time of application, you must also have at least a permanent job in one of these countries.
- If you obtained your university degree and doctorate in Germany. You can apply if you have lived and worked in a developing or transitional country for at least five years and intend to do so in the long term.
- Confirmation of Research Facilities Availability/ Host Statement: A researcher from an academic institution of your choice in Germany will provide you with an indicative agreement and written confirmation of the availability of research facilities.
- You can submit two expert assessments.
- Postdoctoral researchers: Your doctoral supervisor and, if possible, another researcher from outside your institution should provide good information about your qualifications.
- Experienced researchers: Reviews should be submitted by important collaborative partners or researchers in your own institution as well as other institutes outside your country of origin.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering majors: You must have a good knowledge of German or English.
- Specializations in Humanities, Social Sciences, and Medicine: You must have a good knowledge of German. It is necessary for the successful conduct of research. Otherwise, a good knowledge of English is sufficient.
- You must adhere to the Code of Good Scientific Practice and Principles of Scientific Ethics.
- You may not apply for a George Forster Fellowship if you have already received sponsorship from the Humboldt Foundation.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Deadline||01 February, 2022|
|Organizer||Alexander von Humboldt Foundation|
|Contact the organizer||https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/en/|