Fully Funded- Terra Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022/23
Fully Funded- Terra Foundation Postdoctoral: Applications are open for the Terra Foundation for American Art Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022/23. The Institut national d’histoire de l’art has partnered with the Terra Foundation for American Art to offer two one-year postdoctoral residential fellowships at the INHA.
The fellows’ objective will be to produce original research on the art of the United States prior to 1980 in view of publishing an article in the year following the end of the fellowship. The Terra Foundation for American Art supports research that includes all categories of visual arts, except architecture and commercial film or animation. Within the framework of the fellows’ research trip, the INHA will encourage the dissemination of their research in the United States. The research project proposal may expand upon the subject of the fellow’s PhD thesis, in favor of opening up or deepening the research focus.
Benefits from Terra Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The fellows will be welcomed at the INHA and have access to the institute’s facilities and library from September 1, 2022, to August 31, 2023.
- Health insurance, visa costs, and housing in France are the fellows’ responsibilities.
- Funding, paid in euros, includes an annual grant worth $26,000 USD and a travel allowance worth $8,500 USD.
Related Post: Queen-Nellie Evans Scholarship 2022- Funded by APF
Eligibility Required for Terra Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Firstly, Candidates should hold a PhD at the time of application;
- Secondly, candidates should have successfully defended their thesis in a Francophone university less than 5 years prior to the deadline;
- Nextly, The thesis subject must focus on the history of the art of the United States before 1980;
- Furthermore, Candidates of all nationalities, with the exception of the United States, are eligible to apply;
- Lastly, The fellowship may not be combined with other funding and only be awarded to PhDs without tenured affiliation.
Application materials include:
- Moreover, Research proposal (5,000 characters)
- Travel plan
- Rapport de thèse, for candidates who defended their doctoral thesis in France
- The, A Letter of recommendation concerning the postdoctoral research proposal (for candidates who defended their doctoral thesis in France)
- Two letters of recommendation concerning the thesis and the postdoctoral research proposal (for candidates who defended their thesis outside France)
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Deadline||17 January, 2022|
|Organizer||Institut National d’Histoire de l’Art|