Global Mental Health Program 2020
Applications call for Global Mental Health Program.
Grand Challenges Canada’s Global Mental Health program supports Bold Ideas with Big Impact. The program focuses on funding high impact innovations that improve treatments and/or expand access to care for people, especially youth, living with or at risk of mental disorder. The Global Mental Health program will focus on funding high impact innovations that improve treatments and/or expand access to care for people, especially youth, living with or at risk of mental disorders. The program seeks transformational, affordable, and accessible innovations that have the potential to be sustainable at a larger scale.
The Global Mental Health Program has launched proof-of-concept grants up to $250,000 for innovations that focus on the mental well-being of youth in low- and middle-income countries. The Program is seeking new ideas that have the potential to transform mental health services available for youth in low-resource settings.
The program will also be extending invitations to innovators that have an already established proof-of-concept to scale-up their mental health innovations through our Transition-to-Scale program.
Global Mental Health Program is open to candidates from low- and middle-income countries but however, applicants from the United Kingdom or Canada implementing in the countries listed in Appendix A are also eligible to apply.
Grand Challenges Canada seeks bold ideas to meet the mental health needs of the most vulnerable 10 to 24-year olds. Organizers want culturally sensitive, community-driven, innovative approaches to enhance mental health literacy and/or provide youth-friendly services that account for the complex social and environmental factors contributing to young people’s mental health and wellbeing.
Innovations must be bold, innovative, transformational, accessible to the most vulnerable young people, and have the potential to be sustainable at scale. Innovations should seek to do one or more of the following:
- Support community environments that promote mental wellbeing throughout adolescence.
- Creatively approach mental health literacy and psychosocial education, working to embed mental health understanding in the broader community.
- Provide effective and affordable youth-friendly community-based care and rehabilitation.
- Foster resilience and advance mental disorder prevention and mental health promotion.
- Integrate mental health services and/or wellbeing interventions into existing education systems.
- Address the mental health needs of young people exposed to violence with a trauma-informed approach.
- Inventively leverage technology that is highly used and trusted by young people.
See the FLUXX Quick Reference Guide for more information.
Request for proposal
|Type of Opportunity||Miscellaneous|
|Organizer||Grand Canada Challenge|