If you want to study in the Netherlands, you can apply for the Holland Scholarships at Utrecht University for the academic year 2022-2023.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The grant is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area.Founded in 1636 and located in the heart of the Netherlands, Utrecht University is one of Europe’s leading research universities, recognized internationally for its high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching. It is ranked 50 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University and has an overall score of 4.3 stars.
Why choose to study at Utrecht University? Utrecht has the widest range of cultural activities of any Dutch city after Amsterdam and is aiming to be the European Capital of Culture in 2018. It is often regarded as the best student city in the Netherlands as over 10% of all its citizens are students.
Application Deadline: Applications will open on November 1, 2021, and closes on 31 January 2022
- University or Organization: Utrecht University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: € 5,000-€ 15,000
- Number of Awards: 22
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: International students from outside the European Economic Area.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in a master’s degree offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Never before have been enrolled at an educational institution in the Netherlands (if you only did an exchange programme in the Netherlands, this is no limitation);
- Have applied for an international master’s programme at Utrecht University with a start date of 1 September 2022
How to Apply
- How to Apply: After submitting an application for HS eligible Master’s programme, before the determined deadline, then apply for a scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the relevant documents for scholarship:
- Scan of your passport or EU national ID card valid at the start of the programme
- Evidence of previous education (such as diploma certificates, transcripts, or a diploma supplement) that show that you (will) meet the entry requirements of your chosen programme
- Your curriculum vitae and motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must meet all entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The language requirements for master courses at the Utrecht University are:
- IELTS, Academic Module. Minimum score: 7.0 overall band, at least 6.5 for writing.
- TOEFL, Internet-based. Minimum score: 100, institutional scores are not accepted.
Utrecht University will provide the amount € 5,000, € 10,000, or € 15,000 for the academic year 2022-2023.