Universities from Canada are preferred by more than 130,000 international students yearly. Offering a high-quality teaching system, Canada is also rich in possibilities and cultures. Research, scientific publications, and international collaborations are three of the aspects that Canada and its universities focus on. Canada is the world’s most educated country, with over half of its residents having university degrees. These are some good reasons why if you’re considering studying abroad, you should get busy with the guide on the Canada Study Visa for Ghanaians right away.
The Canada study visa for Ghanaians study permit is a document issued that allows foreign nationals to study at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. This extra time lets you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
When applying for the Canada study visa for Ghanaians, there are some procedures to follow such as
You can apply for the visa online or on paper. If you apply on paper you will have to visit a visa application centre in Ghana to submit your documents. Depending on your situation, after your application is analysed, it is possible you will be called for a visa interview. You will also have to travel to London, UK, to take a medical exam provided by a certified medical officer. Students may also have to provide biometrics during the visa application process such as fingerprinting and pictures; these extra identifications are used by countries for security purposes. The biometric fee is 85 CAD in addition to the regular visa fee.
The Canada study visa for Ghanaians study permit is valid for up to course duration + 3 months so you can stay during your entire degree programme however, you may need to renew your visa every year. If you want to stay in Canada after your degree is over, you will have to apply for a different visa or a visa renewal through the immigration office. Also worthy of note is the fact that proof of your language skills is not included on the list of required documents for a Canadian student visa but it is a good idea to have some proof of English ability, just in case.
- Apply online for your Canadian study visa for Ghanaians, on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website before you arrive in Canada.
- In countries with limited internet access, it’s also possible to apply for a visa on paper.
- You need to provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution such as a university recognized by the Canadian government.
- You also need to deliver proof of sufficient financial resources to support your studies in Canada (tuition fees and living expenses).
- If you have no criminal record, that would be a great advantage.
- Submit clinical records that state you are in good health and complete medical examinations if required.
- You must submit a completed application form.
- The original letter of acceptance from the university is equally needed.
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country is relevant but if you live in the U.S.A., this is not necessary.
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back, are a must have.
- You should provide proof of financial support during your studies that represent tuition fee + 833 CAD/month (for all provinces, except Quebec) or tuition fee + 917 CAD/month (Quebec)’
- A letter of explanation is needed.
- You should equally prove that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD).
Be sure to apply for the Canadian study visa for Ghanaians immediately after you’ve been accepted to and enrolled in the University of your choice or at least 4-6 months before your university degree programme starts. After you’ve applied, you can expect that you’ll wait about 140 days for the decision.
According to recent visa regulations for the Canadian study visa for Ghanaians, if you have a family member working or applying for a work permit in Canada, the application for your study permit will be processed in two weeks. You may renew or extend your study permit if you wish to continue your studies, if your programme has an extension or if you change your school. The study permit expires ninety days after your studies are finished when you receive a notification of the programme completion.