Investintech – CAJ Journalism Scholarship in Canada
Investintech – CAJ Journalism Scholarship:Applications call for Investintech – CAJ Journalism Scholarship in Canada. The aim of this scholarship is to support and encourage journalism students by helping them with the costs of their education, which can often be a hindrance to their careers. Not only that, but scholarship intends for this scholarship to serve as a way to help prepare students for a career path as a journalist by getting them to think about the industry and its ever-increasing emphasis on data.
To ensure this scholarship falls in line with professional and journalistic guidelines, Investintech has partnered with the Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ). The CAJ is a notable journalism organization that provides Canadian journalists with support, mentorship, community, and resources across the country.
Scholarship Prize Details
Investintech – CAJ Journalism Scholarship in Canada offers the following prizes
- $1,000.00 CAD
- Free one-year membership with the CAJ
- One free pass to the annual CAJ national conference
The Investintech – CAJ Data Journalism Scholarship is open to students who show an interest in data journalism. Eligible students must meet the following requirements:
- Majoring in a journalism program, working towards either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Currently accepted to or enrolled in a college or university in Canada.
- Pursuing a course of studies leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism.
- Non-journalism program students may apply but will need to show evidence of their journalism skills and interest, such as having a published news story, or be working for a college publication, etc.
- Follow all submission rules and complete full details.
- Submissions must be in English or in French.
- Minimum word count for written parts of the submission: 500
- Previously published material can be submitted.
- Creativity and style; coherence and readability.
- Effective use of data, visualizations, and/or medium being used.
- Strength of the topic and the applicant’s work.
Application of the Investintech – CAJ Journalism Scholarship:
Submit your entry along with the following details:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Educational Institute (college or university)
- Your journalism experience: internships, school newspapers, relevant positions, blogs, etc.
- A short 100 – 200 words bio, profile picture, and 1-2 professional or social links