Jakes Gerwel Fellowship 2022 – Full Scholarships for Future Education Leader
Applications are open for Jakes Gerwel Fellowship 2022. Jakes Gerwel Fellowship is a full university scholarship that provides extensive mentoring and leadership development for top learners with a passion for teaching and education. At the heart of what the fellowship does is nurturing expert teachers who embrace innovation and can lead the kind of change that the educational sector so desperately requires. In short, Jakes Gerwel Fellowship wants to make the strongest possible case and provide the greatest possible support for our best students to become our best teachers.
It is an aspirational fellowship that identifies high potential students who, through financial support, high-quality teacher education, and professional induction, become expert teachers, educational leaders, and social entrepreneurs who will lead system change to achieve quality education for all learners.
Jakes Gerwel Fellowships offer three scholarships opportunities
- Grade 12 or on a Gap Year
- Undergraduate intake 1st Year Unversity
- Graduate intake
- Full tuition
- Book and Tutor allowance
- Meal allowance
- Monthly stipend
- Academic Support Leadership Development
- Expert Teacher Mentor Personal Coach
Undergraduate Teaching Fellowship: Grade 12, Gap Year and 1st Year University
- South African citizen or Permanent residence with SA ID Number.
- Applicants must be under the age of 24 on the closing date of application.
- The candidate fellow will complete a three-year Bachelor’s degree at the University of Cape Town or the University of Pretoria and then go on to complete PGCE.
- Candidates will be expected to teach at a South African high school on completion of PGCE.
- Applicants must apply to both the Univerity of Cape Town and the University of Pretoria for academic study and placement in 2021.
Graduate Teacher Fellowship: PGCE
- South African citizen or Permanent residence with SA ID number.
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 on the closing date of application.
- Candidate fellows will be expected to teach at a South African high school on completion of PGCE.
- Applicants must ensure that they applied to their partner universities for academic study and placement in the PGCE course in 2021 (University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria, University of Witwatersrand, and University of Johannesburg)
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Deadline||19 July, 2021|
|Open to||South Africans|