L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards 2022 (€100,000 Prize)
L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science: The 2022 edition of the Awards will designate five outstanding scientific researchers in the field of Life and Environmental sciences, working in the following regions below.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2021
About the Award: Created in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards recognize and support eminent women in science throughout the world. Each year, five Laureates are recognized
for their contributions to the advancement of science, in Life Sciences or Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science in alternating years.
Eligible Field(s): Life and Environmental sciences
Eligibility: The candidate must:
- Be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community,
- Be actively involved in scientific research,
- Work in any field of the Life and Environmental sciences mentioned in appendix 1
For your information, there is no age constraint regarding the candidate.
Selection Criteria: The selection criteria of the candidates are the following:
- The candidate’s outstanding contribution to the general advancement of science,
- The impact of the candidate’s research on the current state of the relevant scientific field (number, quality and impact of publications, conference presentations, patents),
- The recognition of the candidate by peers within her discipline through publications, -The recognition of the candidate’s commitments to education, teaching activities, mentoring and/or to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals more broadly.
- The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards are non-renewable.
Eligible Countries: Candidates working in the following regions:
- Africa & the Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- North America
Number of Awards: One candidate will be selected for each of the five regions, the determining factor being the place of work for at least 5 years, not the nationality of the candidate.
Value of Award: Each of the five Laureates will receive an award of €100,000.
How to Apply: To be considered eligible for an award, it is necessary to be nominated in writing by an eminent scientist. Self-nominations are not eligible, nor nominations from immediate family members.
Teams are not eligible for nomination.
Qualified nominators may be :
- Heads of University or Scientific Institutions,
- Members of Academies of Science,
- Holders of Research Chairs,
- Full professors
- Past For Women in Science Award Laureates,
- or at a minimum holders of a PhD in Science.
Nominations can only be submitted electronically through the online dedicated platform here
https://www.forwomeninscience.com/en/awards and have to be written in English.
If new to the system, the nominator will need to create a user ID and password.
An application is considered complete only if it includes all of the following documents below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.