L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science South African National Programme
L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science: Applications are open for L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science South African National Programme. The L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science programme launched in the Africa region in 2010. In line with our vision of supporting more female scientists across Africa, there are now two dedicated programmes for Africa:
- A national programme dedicated to South Africa
- The regional sub-Saharan Africa programme supporting the 48 other countries of the region.
- The South African National Programme recognizes seven young female scientists annually.
- 5 research grants of R80 000 each will be allocated to 5 doctoral students enrolled in an institution and in a research laboratory in South Africa.
- 2 research grants of R160 000 each will be allocated to 2 post-docs working in a laboratory or research institute in South Africa. (see section 2 Eligibility criteria)
- Having obtained Ph.D. degree in Formal sciences, Life sciences, Environmental sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering and Technological sciences or pursuing studies leading to a Ph.D. degree at a South African university in one of the 9 Provinces.
- Be a South African Citizen.
- Working in a Research Laboratory or Institution or being enrolled in a doctoral programme at a University in South Africa.
- The candidate’s outstanding academic records- including number, quality and impact of the publications.
- Conference presentations and patents.
- The scientific quality of the research project.
- The innovative nature and productivity of the research and its potential application in science.
The researchers commit to:
- Continue the research work for which the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science South African National programme research grant was obtained.
- A report on the research work must be submitted 12 months after receiving the research grant.
- Carry out the expenses detailed in the estimated budget of the application file.
- Participate in the Management and Leadership training as well as in the award ceremony.
- Participation in these events is mandatory, transportation and accommodation costs for the award winners will be covered by L’Oreal South Africa.
|Type of Opportunity||Competitions and Awards|
|Deadline||21 June, 2021|