Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award 2020 (Fully-funded to One Young World Conference 2021 in Munich, Germany)
Mary Robinson Climate Justice: For the fifth year running, One Young World is teaming up with Mary Robinson to support young leaders behind innovative and impactful climate justice initiatives that are preserving the earth for future generations.
Application Deadline: 23rd July 2020
About the Award: The Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award was created by One Young World to recognise and support young leaders behind impactful climate justice initiatives that are preserving the earth for future generations.
The award seeks to:
- Identify three young leaders at the forefront of impactful climate justice initiatives.
- Raise awareness of and celebrate their initiatives.
- Directly support their initiatives with grants of up to £4,000.
Type: Conference, Award
Eligibility: Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30* at the time of the One Young World Summit 2021.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Occupy a senior leadership role in a legally registered organisation which undertakes projects related to climate justice.
- Projects must directly address sustainable development/or climate change with a particular emphasis on balancing the needs of future generations – this could be through financing, frontline services, advocacy, education, communication, legal/policy change or business solution.
- Projects should be clearly associated with one or more of the seven principles of climate justice:
- Respect and protect human rights
- Support the right to development
- Share benefits and burdens equitably
- Ensure that decisions on climate change are participatory, transparent and accountable
- Highlight gender equality and equity
- Harness the transformative power of education for climate stewardship
- Use effective partnerships to secure climate justice
Selection Criteria: One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Ambition – how impactful the project is in balancing needs of present and future generations.
- Relevance – the project is grounded in climate justice.
- Community value – the project applies to a community/communities / stakeholder group who are directly impacted by climate change or will be more adversely impacted in the future.
Eligible Countries: Any
To be Taken at (Country): Munich, Germany
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation between 23 – 26 April 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- £4,000 grant funding from One Young World to support their climate justice projects
- Participation in an exclusive mentorship session with Mary Robinson during the Summit
Duration of Award: between 23 – 26 April 2021
How to Apply: APPLY HERE