Oxford/Reuters Institute Journalism Fellowships 2021 for Journalists in African & Developing Countries
Oxford/Reuters Institute Journalism: The Reuters Institute, based at the University of Oxford, offers a limited number of Journalist Fellowships each year.
Application Deadline: 8th February 2021.
Eligible Countries: African/Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): University of Oxford
About the Award: The fully-funded Fellowships are aimed at practising journalists from all over the world, to enable them to research a topic of their choice, related to their work and the broader media industry, before returning to newsrooms. The Fellowships offer an opportunity to network with a global group of journalists, spend time away from the daily pressure of deadlines, and examine the key issues facing the industry, with input from leading experts and practitioners.
You do not need to specify which particular source of funding you are applying for – we will allocate the one most suitable for you based on your country of origin and research proposal.
- Thomson Reuters Foundation Fellowships
- Anglo American Journalist Fellowship
- Google Digital News Journalist Fellowship
- Mona Megalli Fellowship
- Wincott Business Journalist Fellowship
- David Levy Fellowship for International Dialogue
Type: Fellowship (Professional)
- To be considered for a Fellowship you must have a minimum of five years’ journalistic experience, or in rare cases demonstrate the equivalent level of expertise.
- You will be able to write at a publishable level of English, allowing you to participate in the fellowship and produce papers when necessary. If English is not your first language, please present suitable evidence (this is an original certificate no more than two years old and issued by the relevant body) that you are at a suitable standard. More information on the university’s English language requirements is in the Programme Webpage Link below.
Number of Awards: 30
Value of Award: Most Journalist Fellowships are fully-funded and cover living costs and accommodation. There are some opportunities for self-funded candidates. Some Fellowships are open only to candidates who are employees of the sponsoring organisation.
Duration of Programme: Fellowships last one, two or three terms.
How to Apply: