Postgraduate Research Scholarship at University of Sydney
Postgraduate Research Scholarship: The University of Sydney offers the Faculty of Science Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship to support outstanding higher degree research students with their studies. The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the nomination of the Dean of the Faculty of Science, or their nominee, on the recommendation of the Associate Dean (Research Education) and the Head, Research and Research Training.
Benefits of the Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
- The Postgraduate Research Scholarship at the University of Sydney will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate indexed annually on January one, for up to three years for a PhD recipient, or 2 years for those undertaking a Masters by Research, subject to satisfactory academic performance. PhD recipients may apply for an extension of up to 6 months.
- Academic course fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee are also provided for an initial 12 research periods for a PhD recipient and 8 research periods for a Masters by Research recipient. PhD recipients may apply for up to a 2 research period extension.
- The Scholarship will also cover overseas health cover for the recipient (single cover only) for the normal full-time duration of their higher degree studies and will provide reimbursement for the initial visa application fee required to commence their research studies at the University of Sydney.
Applicants must have the following criteria for Postgraduate Research Scholarship at University of Sydney
- Have an offer of admission for full-time studies in a master’s by research or doctor of philosophy (PhD)
- Be currently enrolled either; the final year of at least a four-year bachelor’s degree in science or relevant discipline area; and an equivalent degree at a non-Australian university, with at least 25% of the final year of the degree being a research component.
- Have achieved a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) equivalent to a grade of 85.
- Not be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen.
- Apply for a Research Training Program (RTP) Fee Offset and Stipend scholarship.
The University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university. “Though the constellations are changed, the mind is the same”; this is the motto of the university. Established in 1850, the university is Australia’s first university as well as one of the world’s leading universities. The university comprises 9 faculties and university schools, through which it offers bachelor, master as well as doctoral degrees. Furthermore, the university has affiliations with Five Nobel and two Crafoord laureates.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Deadline||30 April, 2021|
|Organizer||The University of Sydney|