Schwarzman Scholars Program 2021-2022 is a fully funded masters scholarship for international students. 200 scholars are chosen annually for this highly selective program who will work towards a Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing. This scholarship covers tuition fees, room and board, health insurance and a stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses.
Schwarzman Scholars is a fully-funded, one-year master’s degree and leadership program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. At the heart of the program are world-renowned advisers, a rigorous and innovative study of global affairs, and hands-on exploration of Chinese culture and commerce.
China’s interactions with businesses around the world are growing. Schwarzman Scholars are future leaders: together they will create a more peaceful and prosperous future for all.
The 200 scholars chosen annually for this highly selective program will work towards a Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing—one of China’s most prestigious universities. As individuals who want to have a positive impact on the world, the Stephen A. Schwarzman Scholars will be selected based on their academic credentials and demonstrated leadership accomplishments.
Situated on the former site of the Qing Dynasty imperial gardens and near numerous historical sites, the campus of Tsinghua University boasts a great location, rich history, and vibrant future. Since 1911, the university has developed students’ understanding of globalization and served as a bridge between China and the world. As one of China’s most influential and respected institutions, Tsinghua continues its legacy of cultivating the next generation of world leaders.
Tsinghua University is the alma mater of some of China’s most influential leaders, including the current and former Presidents, Xi Jinping and Hu Jintao; the former Chairman of the National People’s Congress, Wu Bangguo; the former Premier Zhu Rongji; and the former Vice Premier Huang Ju.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Tsinghua University
- Study in: China
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
– Global Affairs
– Public Policy
– Economics and Business
– International Studies
To know more about the available programs check the link
- Program Period: One years
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 200.
- Deadline: For USA and global applicants: September 21, 2021. For Chinese applicants: May 2021
Schwarzman Scholars Program 2022 at Tsinghua University provides the recipient with:
- Tuition Fees.
- Room and board.
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year.
- An in-country study tour.
- Required course books and supplies.
- Health insurance.
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses.
Schwarzman Scholars will be the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors.
Eligibility Criteria for Schwarzman Scholars Program
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Age Requirement.
Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- English language proficiency.
Applicants must demonstrate strong English language skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. Acceptable test options are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600.
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
This requirement is waived for applicants who graduated from an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.
Read the complete eligibility criteria here.
How to Apply for Schwarzman Scholars Program?
Please follow the following instructions to avail this scholarship:
(2) Start filling the application with the following info:
- Personal information.
- Biographical profiles.
- Language Skills and Test scores.
- Professional experience.
- Experience abroad.
- Leadership roles,
- Awards and Recognitions,
- Disciplinary Action.
- Essays, Transcripts, Resume CV,
- Additional information.
(2) The form also required the following documents:
- Online application.
- Resume (2 page maximum).
- Transcripts/Academic Records.
- Two Essays.
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
- Video (optional).
(3) For any questions or inquires check the link.
(4) Submit your application.
To know more about Schwarzman Scholars Program 2022 at Tsinghua University , please visit official website: