Want to get a high-quality educational experience in Australia? This opportunity can be great for you! The University of Tasmania has organized the South Asia Scholarships programme for students for the academic year 2022-2023.
This educational award is open for outstanding international students who want to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the university.
The University of Tasmania is a top-tier public research university in Australia, ranking 303rd in the QS Global World University Rankings. It is always evolving and transforming in order to meet new challenges and opportunities.
Why choose to study at the University of Tasmania? The University of Tasmania is a worldwide recognised institution dedicated to learning and knowledge stewardship, academic independence, excellence, and integrity. To prepare students for their future employment, UTAS places a heavy emphasis on practical learning. UTAS also has a fantastic student support system in place.
Application Deadline: Varies
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: 15% Tuition fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All undergraduate or Honours coursework programs (excluding Bachelor of Nursing Hobart and Launceston; and fully online-only programs); and
- All postgraduate coursework programs (excluding Master of Laboratory Medicine and fully online programs).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Be a citizen of a South Asian country
- Be classified as an International Student as defined under the Application rules of the University of Tasmania
- Commencing at the University of Tasmania for the first time
- Not be a student from a Transnational
- Education (TNE) partner affiliated with the University of Tasmania
- Not commencing at the University of Tasmania through an articulation agreement with a partner institution (e.g. 2 + 2 degree programs)
- Be commencing their program in 2022 (any study period)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications need to be submitted via the online portal of the university. Applicants are assessed automatically for the 2022 South Asia Scholarship upon submission of their International Student Application. There is no need to apply separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- Country specific academic requirements
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to meet the international admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 76
- PTE – 50
- CAE- Grade C
- CPE – Grade C
- Cambridge BCE – Grade C
- UTAS English for Academic Purposes – 60%
The students selected by UTAS will be provided a 15% reduction in the registered tuition fee for the course’s duration.