Teach for Nigeria Fellowship 2021 for University Graduates and Young Professionals
Teach for Nigeria Fellowship 2021: Teach for Nigeria invites exceptional university graduates and young professionals to apply for the Fellowship. Teach For Nigeria strongly believes that the only true and sustainable path to improving educational opportunities for all children in Nigeria is by channeling and developing Nigeria’s most capable young leaders just like you against the problem of educational inequity.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2021
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
About the Award: The Teach for Nigeria Fellowship program is a 2 year full-time paid commitment in which we place the most outstanding graduates and professionals to teach in Nigeria’s underserved schools in low- income communities.The Teach For Nigeria fellowship is a transformational leadership program that equips Fellows with transferable leadership skills to effect change beyond the classrooms in the communities we serve.
Teach For Nigeria ensures that all Fellows have the knowledge and skills necessary to lead their students towards achievement. The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship begins with a six-week residential training program. Here, Fellows are exposed to curriculum, lesson planning, and classroom facilitation and student assessments among other modules, sessions, and keys to successful teaching.
After the Fellowship, alumni of Teach For Nigeria build on their classroom teaching experience to drive long-term systemic changes in the educational sector in Nigeria as they progress into leadership roles in their varied professions. The Teach For Nigeria model is based on the proven success of 40 country organizations including Teach For America, Teach First UK, Teach For Ghana, Teach For Bangladesh, Teach For Nepal and Teach For India, who are all part of the Teach For All network.
Type: Fellowship (Career)
- Teach for Nigeria is open to Nigerians who after the program can be a contributing change to education in Nigeria.
- Candidate must be a Nigerian citizen, hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and be younger than 35.
The Fellowship Selection Process: The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship is a highly selective program. We attract applications from leaders from different workplaces and graduates from the best universities across the world. Through the 3-staged process, we select the candidates with the highest potential to make a difference.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: As a Teach For Nigeria Fellow, you are a part of movement of young leaders working to eliminate educational inequity. In addition, these are some of the benefits of being a Fellow:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society
- Extensive leadership development training
- Intensive teacher training leading to a Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Real responsibility from day one
- Job and internship opportunities during and post Fellowship
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 42 countries
- Access to a 9 month Mentoring Programme, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development
- Access to professional development and network of supporters
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project
- A stipend for two years including during the school holidays.
- About 9-10 weeks of holiday
Duration of Fellowship: 2 years
How to Apply: The Application process is in three stages.
Stage 1: The Application form
Your application will help us understand your experiences, your motivation to join the Teach For Nigeria fellowship and why you would be a strong fit for the Fellowship.
Stage 2; Online Test
If we find you a good fit for the fellowship through your application, you will be invited to take an online test.
Stage 3; Assessment Center
If successful in your Online Test, we will invite you to the Assessment Centre, which is the final stage of our selection process. Here, you will teach a 5-minute lesson, take part in a group activity, and participate in a one-on-interview with our assessors.
Please note that applicants will be informed of the status of their application before the end of the recruitment cycle for the 2021 fellowship.