The Fulbright African Research Scholar Programme:
The US Department of State invites applications for the Fulbright African Research Scholar Programme tenable in the USA in 2020/21 academic year.
The Fulbright African Research Scholar Programme (ARSP) also known as the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program is a research fellowship award grants to foreign academics or professionals to conduct advanced research at U.S. institutions. Two categories of grants are offered under The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program: Research Grants and Program and Curriculum Development Grants.
Awards of 3 to 9 months are offered for senior faculty to conduct post-doctoral research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution.
Program and Curriculum Development Grants:
Awards of 3 to 5 months are offered for senior faculty or administrators to conduct research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution. Proposals should be linked to professional duties and demonstrate how the candidate will use the knowledge gained to develop new courses, curricula, or other academic programs at the home institution.
Worth of Award
This opportunity is fully funded
Eligibility of the The Fulbright African Research Scholar Programme:
- Applicants for Research Grants must hold a doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in their fields. Preference will be given to individuals who have at least three years of university teaching experience and a productive scholarly record.
- The Program and Curriculum Development Grants are designed for university faculty or administrators with less experience and who may not have had recent access to research or instructional developments in their disciplines. A doctorate degree is not required, but applicants must hold a minimum of a master’s or equivalent graduate degree
- An intended applicant must be a citizen of Nigeria or a permanent resident and should hold a valid Nigerian passport. Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright Scholar grant and without experience or limited experience in the U.S.
- The Fulbright program takes the issue of academic dishonesty (plagiarism) very seriously and will disqualify applications that violate academic integrity.
How to Apply for the The Fulbright African Research Scholar Programme:
- Applications must be completed online
- You are welcome to email [email protected]; [email protected] with any questions.
Deadline: Deadline for submitting the online application and all supplementary documents is June 1, 2020.