UCL/AHRI MSc Scholarship 2022/2023 for African Students
UCL/AHRI MSc Scholarship: Applications are open for the 2022/2023 Africa Health Research Institute/UCL MSc Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 1st April 2022 by 5pm.
About the UCL/AHRI MSc Scholarship: UCL/AHRI MSc Scholarship 2022/2023: This scholarship is a singular award for the UK academic year September 2022 to September 2023. It is funded by UCL’s Global Engagement Office. The scholarship is administered via AHRI and is for applicants whose academic background and interests are aligned with the programmes of research at AHRI.
This opportunity is open to applicants who permanently reside in South Africa. Applicants must have a high-quality academic record to be considered for this opportunity.
Candidates will go through a competitive round of selection at AHRI and the successful candidate will be nominated to go through to the UCL selection. Application for acceptance onto a MSc taught course is separate, and the AHRI nominee will be guided through this process.
Eligible Field(s): The successful candidate’s research project for the MSc is expected to be aligned with the programmes of research at AHRI.
Eligibility: TheUCL/AHRI MSc Scholarship candidate:
- Must be permanently based in South Africa at the time of application.
- Must hold a valid passport at the time of application.
- Must have an Honours degree equivalent to a Bachelor (Honours) degree with Second Class Division 1 Honours or 70% in an appropriate subject.
- The successful applicant will need to be in London to start their chosen course in September 2021.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Eligible Countries: Any. Be domiciled in South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): UK & South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of UCL/AHRI MSc Scholarship: The Scholarship will cover:
- Full UCL tuition fees for a one-year full-time taught master’s degree.
- A round-trip economy air fare to and from the UK.
- A monthly stipend to cover housing and living costs for 50 weeks.
- National Health Service (NHS) surcharge and Tier 4 visa costs.
Duration of Award: 1 year
How to Apply: for UCL/AHRI MSc Scholarship
Please complete the online AHRI/UCL MSc Scholarship application form and provide a copy of your *academic transcript and CV. The application deadline is 5pm on Friday, 01 April 2022.
*An academic transcript is a list of the programmes you have been enrolled on and the grades that you have received during your programme of study. Some institutions may also list the credits for each module. You must provide a copy of an official transcript from the Academic Registry or Student Records Office at your institution. The transcript must be: on institutional-headed paper; stamped and signed by the issuing office.
Application form guidelines are listed in the Award Webpage.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.