UNCDF Regional Office for West and Central Africa Internship 2021 – Apply
The UNCDF Regional Office for West and Central Africa Internship 2021 – Apply
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2021 (Midnight New York, USA)
About the Award: UNCDF (UN Capital Development Fund) is the United Nations Capital Development for local development finance, inclusive finance and the promotion of Women and Youth empowerment in the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) which main objective is to facilitate access to public and private capital for the most underserved people. Its expertise enables it to develop «last mile» financial models in areas where infrastructures, access to basic services, financial and non-financial services are lacking to unlock public and private resources at the national level. The expected impact is to reduce poverty and encourage economic local development. UNCDF’s work is based on two approaches:
- Financial inclusion – New technologies and saving-based approach allowing individuals, households and small businesses to better participate in the local economic development by providing the tools and financial services they need to escape poverty and manage their financial situations;
- Localized Investments – Thanks to fiscal decentralization, innovative municipal financing and structural financing of projects –, which contribute to promote public and private financing to boost local economic growth and sustainable development.
Candidate must be enrolled in a degree programme in Management, Economics, Politics or another related field.
Applicants to the UNCDF internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in management, economics, politics or similar studies; OR
(b) Be enrolled in the last academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in a related field of study;
(c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) less than one year before the beginning of the internship.
• Excellent knowledge of French and English (written and oral).
- UNCDF Internship programme is governed by the UNDP Internship policy framework & rules.
- Under the new revised UNDP internship policy, UNCDF will provide a modest monthly internship stipend to its interns, in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP Internship policy. All expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or her/his sponsoring entity/institution. Stipends are available only for full-time/on-site inernships at this time.
- Selected Interns must be able to share proof of education enrolment and/ or graduation, medical/ health and life/accident insurance, valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out and be able to provide insurance documentary proof at the time of their selection;
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNCDF but to complement an intern’s studies & learning growth
- There is no expectation of employment at the end of these internships.
To be Taken at (Country): Dakar, SENEGAL
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Under the new revised UNDP internship policy, UNCDF will provide a modest monthly internship stipend to its interns, in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP Internship policy. All expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or her/his sponsoring entity/institution. Stipends are available only for full-time/on-site inernships at this time.
Duration of Award: 6 months
How to Apply: Apply here
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.