University of Arizona Teachers Collaborating Across Borders (TCAB): Online Program for US and Middle East/North African Teachers
University of Arizona Teachers Collaborating Across Borders (TCAB): Online ProgramAcross Borders (TCAB): Online Program for US: We are now seeking applicants for the second cohort, which will consist of 18 US K-12 teachers and 18 teachers from the MENA region.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2021 by 11:59PM EST.
About the Award: The TCAB program is a unique opportunity for 18 teachers from the United States and 18 teachers from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region to engage in international dialogue and virtual exchange. In fall 2021, selected teachers will engage in synchronous and asynchronous sessions to discuss topics related to education and culture in their respective countries, as well as strategies to include this information in the classroom. In spring 2022, participating teachers will conduct a virtual exchange project in small groups between their students and report on their exchange experience at the end of the program.
- to increase teachers’ understanding of different cultures
- to bring teachers from different countries and cultures together in shared conversations about topics of mutual interest
- to help educators globalize their classrooms and help their students to become more knowledgeable about the world
Type: Short Course
- This program is open to all currently practicing educators at the primary and secondary levels in the United States, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza (Palestine) and Yemen.
- Teachers must be actively teaching in the classroom in the 2021-2022 school year.
- Participating educators will receive a certificate of completion for the program and up to 30 professional development hours of continuing education credit.
Number of Awards: 18 teachers from the United States and 18 teachers from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region
Value of Award:
- personal: increasing your global understanding
- professional: increasing your connection with other teachers around the world
- professional: receipt of a certificate of participation (professional development credit) upon completion of the program
- teaching: globalizing your classroom instruction
Selected Participants Are Required to:
- Participants are expected to engage fully in all aspects of the program:
- participating verbally and/or in writing in all meetings
- sharing in group work
- creating, implementing, and reporting on a classroom project in spring 2022
- Participants are expected to attend all synchronous meetings and post online for asynchronous ones. Live sessions will take place on Sundays, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. EST. In case of emergency, accommodations can be arranged.
- Participants are expected to treat each other with respect and open-mindedness.
How to Apply:
1. CLICK HERE to read the full program description.
2. To apply for the program CLICK HERE
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.