Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2022/23- Full Tuition
Applications are now open for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2022/23. This is a highly selective program meant for talented international students from outside the European Economic Area. It focuses on the candidates who seek to pursue a Master’s degree at Utrecht University.
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree program, which is one or two years, depending on the degree program. It will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree. The funds for the scholarships come from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by Utrecht University, and from contributions by Utrecht University alumni.
Scholarship Amount Provided by Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2022/23- Full Tuition
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees
- tuition fees plus the required income linked to a residence permit for study as set by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service, for one year.
In a 2-years Master’s program, the scholarship can be renewed for the second year.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2022 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed.
Eligibility Criteria for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2022/23
To be eligible for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class;
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands;
- Should have applied for an international Master’s program with a start date of 1 September 2022. please check UU masters > Master’s program> Tuition fees and financial support.
Application Procedure for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2022/23
After submitting an application (or applications) for a UES eligible Master’s program, before the determined deadline, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from November 1, 2021.
You will see the UES application(s) in your Osiris Online Application account dashboard. Click View/edit for the UES linked to the program you wish to apply for, upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10%, answer the questions and submit the application.
Selection Criteria for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2022/23
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic quality and promise in the proposed field of study, as evidenced by your Master’s application;
- Academic excellence, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class (class ranking certificate, GPA with grade distribution overview, statement/reference letter signed and stamped by your University);
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s program (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s program itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Deadline||31 January, 2022|
|Open to||Outside European Economic Area|
|Contact the organizer||Tel. +31 (0)30 253 35 50|