Volunteer: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Regional Volunteer Program 2021 for Young Africans
The FAO Regular Volunteer Programme provides opportunities for individuals to contribute their volunteer actions, where suitable, to support the work of FAO in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Application Deadline: 8th August 2021 10:59:00 PM
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Multiple locations in Africa
About the Award: The FAO Regular Volunteer Programme provides opportunities for individuals to contribute their volunteer actions, where suitable, to support the work of FAO in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The volunteer may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
The volunteer will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the volunteer
Type: Volunteer (Internships/Jobs)
- Must have completed secondary school education.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO official language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations
- Candidates must be aged 18 or older.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Volunteer Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/Functional Skills: Relevant academic experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Selection Criteria: Candidates may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Number of Awards: Various
Value of Program: FAO does not provide any remuneration to volunteers.
Duration of Program: Maximum 6 months
How to Apply for the Volunteer: Food and Agriculture Organization :
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received the recruitment portal will be considered.
- Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
- Candidates are requested to attach to the online profile a letter of motivation.