WIPO/Africa University Masters in Intellectual Property Scholarships 2021 – Zimbabwe
WIPO/Africa University Masters in Intellectual: This Master’s Degree is offered jointly with the WIPO Academy, the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO), and Africa University (Mutare, Zimbabwe), with financial assistance from the Government of Japan.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2021
- General introduction to intellectual property
- Patents and Utilitiy Models
- Trademarks and geographical indications
- Competition and antitrust
- Industrial designs
- Copyright and related rights
- IP and Public Health; Food Security and Biotechnology
- Traditional knowledge, folklore and genetic resources
- Transfer of technology and IP asset management and strategic planning
- IP and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and large enterprises
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights
- Practical sessions at ARIPO
- Research project
Eligibility: To be considered, applicants shall:
- be nationals of an African country;
- hold at least a Bachelor (second lower class) degree from a recognized university in any discipline; and
- be fluent in English.
- A pass in DL 101 (WIPO free course)
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Mutare, Zimbabwe
Number of Awards: 35 places are available for self-supported and financed students.
Value of Award: A number of WIPO scholarships are available. Scholarships cover:
- Return ticket
- Registration and tuition fees
- Full board and lodging
- Medical insurance
Visa costs, if any, are at the expense of participants.
Successful applicants for WIPO scholarships are notified by the WIPO Academy. Thereafter they will be provided with relevant information, including travel arrangements.
Successful students will be awarded Master’s Degrees in Intellectual Property (MIP) by the Africa University on behalf of WIPO and ARIPO.
Course : 01-May-2021 – 30-Apr-2022
- May to July 2021: compulsory distance learning phase through the WIPO Academy e-Learning Center (lms.wipo.int), with final exam;
- August to December 2021: residential phase in Mutare, Zimbabwe, including a two-week practical training at ARIPO Headquarters in Harare, Zimbabwe; and
- December 2021 to April 2022: finalization and submission of a dissertation.
How to Apply:
- Application are made online at the web sites of Africa University:
- Application for WIPO Scholarship are made online on the website of the WIPO Academy on this same page.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.