The Wits-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab Postgraduate Scholarships are offered for studies in the School of Architecture and Planning, Wits University, Johannesburg, February to December 2021.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2020
About the Award: The Wits-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab programme supported by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) seeks to improve graduate education in urban fields across sub-Saharan Africa. The lead partners, the
Habitat Unit at Technische Universität Berlin and the School of Architecture and Planning at Wits University in Johannesburg, collaborate in the offering of an urban-oriented graduate training and capacity building programme
at Wits University that seeks to effectively address the challenges and needs outlined above. From 2021, the cooperation will be extended to include the University of Lagos.
The master’s scholarships apply to the 1 year full time degree programme “Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management – MUS (UM)” at Wits University in Johannesburg.
Please note that once completed, the degree certificates are issued by Wits University. They are not joint degrees as such.
Eligible Fields: Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management – MUS (UM)
Eligibility: Scholarships are open to:
- South African Citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications for admission into the MUS (UM),
- Award of the scholarships is based on a combination of merit and gender balance.
- There is no age limit applying to the scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous studies.
- All scholarship applicants must have made a complete application for admission to the Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued by Wits University upon application for admission into a degree.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful candidates will be expected to sign a contract
stipulating the conditions of the scholarship. The scholarship includes:
• Full tuition fee,
• Monthly stipend (living expenses covering: subsistence expenses and
• Travel from home/ place of origin,
• Student medical aid (12 months).
Selected students will be required to be self-sufficient from February/April 2021, as their living allowance will be paid in the month of May.
They will be responsible for organizing their own travel to Johannesburg and covering the related costs (travel costs will be refunded in the first half of the academic year) as well as for organizing their accomodation in
Duration of Award: The master’s scholarship covers the duration of one academic year.
How to Apply:
- Urban Lab MUS UM bursaries 2021 info and instructions for South African citizens
- Wits-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab MUS UM Wits ZA Bursary Application Form 2021
It is important to go through the application guidelines and FAQ before applying for this Award