YSEALI Future Workforce 2021
The 2021 YSEALI Workshop on Future Workforce is for students, entrepreneurs, and young professionals ages 20-35 from across ASEAN. Moreover, the program, arranged in partnership with the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore will connect 60 participants from across ASEAN and showcase innovative approaches to leveraging the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR); explore 4IR challenges and opportunities and how they impact the future of work; and allow participants to connect with peers and leading experts.
The virtual workshop will include a series of online skills-building sessions, activities, speakers, virtual tours of Singapore-based U.S. companies highlighting future workforce initiatives, as well as mentoring and networking opportunities with leaders from the region and the United States. The schedule will include a full program on Sunday, May 16, two hours of commitment each evening during the week through a combination of interactive and self-directed work, and two full-day sessions on the final weekend of the program.
Participants will gain understanding of how rapid technology and digital advances are altering the context of work in Asia and globally; receive mentorship; explore opportunities to expand their work; exchange ideas on how to foster economic growth in their communities; and discover avenues for stronger regional cooperation and cooperation between the U.S. and ASEAN. Basically, they will learn from 4IR experts, gain a look inside American companies at the forefront of innovation in addressing future workforce, and network with other young leaders from across ASEAN.
Criteria for YSEALI Future Workforce 2021 are as follows
- YSEALI Member (Not a member yet? Join YSEALI!).
- Ages between 20 – 35 (at the time of application for the workshop).
- Citizens of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
- Currently residing in one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
- Have at least 2 years of work experience.
- Passionate about building communities and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Furthermore, will commit to a minimum of 36 hours of virtual/online sessions from the Workshop’s agenda.
|Type of Opportunity||Exchange Programs|